Oct 24, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday, October 24, 2020 @ 6:30pm PDT
$10 / person (plus processing fee)
We missed you, and we are coming back. Can you stand it?!?
Saturday, Oct. 24, at 6:30 p.m. Yes, we said 6:30 p.m.
Remember when we had no rules? (sigh – good times)
Well, now we have all kinds of rules to keep us healthy and happy.
Strong Words is now a ticketed event. Lots of reasons for that: mainly because we have modified our beautiful outdoor venue from a 120-seat venue to a 40-seat venue. And we need to be orderly with assigned seats spread far apart. We can’t serve treats and vino anymore (pausing for sadness), so the $10 ticket fee will cover venue and new production expenses. Plexiglass ain’t cheap!
So this first show is an experiment. We are fortunate that our venue is outdoors and we have space to spread out! We have the blessing from the Pope (okay, maybe it was the Bishop), and we are working within the guidelines of the LA Health Department (we even have a piece of paper to prove it!).
So to be clear: this is not a MAGA rally. Karens are not welcome except for Karen Numme. You can buy tickets in pairs (for you couples or bubblers) or single tickets (no judgment). But if you’re a couple, don’t buy 2 single tickets. Buy a pair. We can’t be moving chairs.
Here’s what hasn’t changed: US. We are still a strong community of artists and lovers of story coming together. In celebration of great narratives + hand sanitizer.
If we sell out fast, maybe we’ll add another show. This is all one big pioneering experiment, but we know that we will do it with utmost safety in mind, because we love you. So please consume the Safety Protocols below.
Now here’s where you can buy your tickets! Don’t wait! Only 40!
Strong Words COVID19 Safety Protocols
Here’s what YOU have to do:
- Wear a mask. Over your nose and mouth. All the time. Seriously.
- Socially distance yourself. 6 feet + all times. Seriously.
- Wash your hands. We’ll have sanitizer handy at several spots in the venue.
- Let us take your temperature with our sexy touchless forehead thermometers.
- Answer a few simple questions at entry like “Um, do you have COVID? Do you know anybody with COVID? Do you have COVID symptoms*? Have you been to Sturgis?”
- Laugh freely and often, but don’t yell like a crazy person (those darn aeresols).
- STAY HOME IF YOU’RE FEELING SICK OR EVEN NOT-SO-GREAT!
Here’s what WE are going to do:
- Clean all audience chairs before the show.
- Assign you a seat that you know is yours and yours only. It will be labeled.
- Clean doorknobs and restrooms before the show.
- Perform behind a massive plexiglass shield on our groovy Starship Enterprise stage. And clean the spittle off of said plexiglass after every performer.
- Change microphone covers after every performer.
- Plaster signs everywhere reminding you of the rules in case you forget.
- Wear masks, social distance, wash our hands, behave like grown-ups.
If you’ve been living under a rock or only watching FOX News, here are COVID symptoms:
- cough or shortness of breath (like the President has)
- chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat
- loss of sense of smell or taste.
Anyone (staff or audience member) who feels ill or exhibits symptoms should keep your mask on and immediately notify a Strong Words staffer. You will be asked to leave the venue and notify your doctor. We will stop the show, announce that there is the possibility of a COVID transmission, and everyone will be asked to leave.
Anyone who exhibits symptoms or tests positive for COVID19 within 2 weeks after the show, please notify StrongWords, so we can pass that information on to the audience.