YOU are INVITED to Come Join us for an evening of storytelling on this shortest day / longest night of the year > Winter Solstice.
“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. “– Og Mandino
Many cultures around the world celebrate the significance of the winter solstice and I am happy that we will have an opportunity to celebrate Homewood Stories Style, where we gather together in our BEATIFUL zoom gallery AUDIENCE to listen to stories that connect us all!
- Rhonda Reed > Storyteller, attorney, and grandmother has been writing and performing with in GeNarrations (Goodman Theate) and the Second City’s “Humor Doesn’t Retire”
- Arch Jamjun >Co-curator of Outspoken LGBTQ stories at Sidetrack. He is also a two-time winner of The Moth Grand Slam and a storytelling coach for Pride Action Tank and team member of Story Jam
- Anne Shimojima > has been delighting audiences near and far for over thirty years with folk tales, literary stories, and her Japanese American family’s World War II incarceration camp story. Her CD Sakura Tales: Stories from Japan, won a Storytelling World Honor Award in 2018.
- Father John Cusick > Ordained Catholic priest since 1970, author of ‘Never Be Ordinary’ and “EMMANUEL GOD-WITH-US”. Known for his generosity of spirit in his preaching, creativity, compassion and leadership > even in retirement.
- Dr. Karen ODonnell > Producer, host, dentist that gives her patients homemade fudge.
$15 in advance (by December 20th) /$20 day of the show
(100% goes to the production, promotion and support of this event and artists).